Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme by The Broke and the Bookish, where they give you a topic and you post your top ten favorites. You can read more about it here. This week is Rewind, which allows you to choose what you write about from their lists of Top Tens that they’ve done over the years. I picked my favorite topic ever: Book Quotes.
Leah’s Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes in No Particular Order:
- “I am haunted by humans.” Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
- “There is only one way to go now: forward, into the unknown.” Christina Moracho, Althea & Oliver
- “I didn’t fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way. I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are only fated to do the things that we’d choose anyway. And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you” Kiersten White, The Chaos of Stars
- “You cannot pick and choose which parts of her to love.” Sarah J. Maas, Heir of Fire
- “You are all the colors in one, at full brightness.” Jennifer Niven, All the Bright Places
- “It’s against the rules of humanity to believe there is nothing we can do.”Melina Marchetta, Finnikin of the Rock
- “Sometimes writing is running downhill, your fingers jerking behind you on the keyboard the way your legs do when they can’t quite keep up with gravity.” Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl
- “Argue for your limitations and you get to keep them.” Elizabeth Gilbert, Big Magic
- “I love you,” I say to him, only it comes out, “Hey.”
“So damn much,” he says back, only it comes out, “Dude.”
He still won’t meet my eyes.” Jandy Nelson, I’ll Give You the Sun
- “My friend through many dangers. My lover who had healed my broken and weary soul. My mate who had waited for me against all hope, despite all odds.” Sarah J. Mass, Court of Mist and Fury
This was a ridiculously hard list to make because I love so many book quotes and picking between them is like asking a mother to choose a favorite child. (I’ve often sent my friends book quotes completely out of context just because I found them interesting.) It’s words that cause deep stirrings in my chest that I cannot fathom.
What’s your favorite book quote of all time?
That’s all for now. Continue on your merry ways!