Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme by The Broke and the Bookish, where they give you a topic and you post your top ten favorites. You can read more about it here. This week is Recommendation themed. I don’t read a whole lot of books based on recommendations, most of the time I am the one recommending books (hence the blog). But here’s what I came up with:
Leah’s Top Ten Books Based On Recommendations:
- milk and honey by Rupi Kaur: a friend loaned me this one per her recommendation.
- This is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz: My librarian back home gave me this one.
Hellhound on His Trail: The Stalking of Martin Luther King, Jr. and the International Hunt for His Assassin by Hampton Sides: My grandfather gave me this while I was home this summer, I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did.
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes: Another one of my friends from school gave me this one
- The Mortal Instrument Series by Cassandra Clare: A friend from home sent me in this direction, and I’ve read all her books since.
- The Pendragon Series by D.J. Machale: Another recommendation from a friend back home.
- The Millennium Series by Steig Larsson: Thanks mom.
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins: thanks mom x2
- I’ll Give you the Sun by Jandy Nelson: Recommended to me through tumblr
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: Another recommendation from tumblr
These were the only books that I could distinctly remember being recommended to me. I am sure that there were probably more that I got either from Goodreads, Tumblr, or elsewhere. But these are the one’s that stuck out to me. You guys should recommend more books because I feel like this was a lack luster list.
Have you guys read any of these? What are your thoughts on Government conspiracies? Are we alone in the universe?